INFORMATION FOR FUNERAL DIRECTORS
- For all burial details contact Superintendent Floyd Craig: 845-658-9181
- Burial includes grass and lowering device. Funeral Homes are responsible for Payment.
- WINTER / WEEKEND / HOLIDAY BURIALS - Please contact cemetery superintendent for
fee amount prior to the burial confirmation. Payment of additional burial fees for these burials
are to be made directly to the Cemetery Superintendent via check or cash from the funeral
home directly, not the family, prior to the confirmation of burial. These payments are not to
be made to the Cemetery Association.
- Vaults are optional. Vaults not allowed in the Green/Natural Burial section.
- Canopies and seating are available from Vault Companies.
- The closest funeral home to our cemetery is the George J. Moylan Funeral Home, 2053
Route 32, Rosendale, New York 12472. They do handle GREEN / NATURAL burials.
- We now have Columbariums for both 'VETERAN ONLY' as well as 'CIVILIAN' remains.
TILLSON NATURAL BURIAL CASKETS(Natural Tillson Pine)
(Sale of these caskets has nothing to do with the actual cenetery and is done through private contractor Floyd Craig. Any other casket companies are welcome to list their names here and can do so by calling the cemetery.)
NATURAL BURIAL SECTION RULES (15)
- The natural designated portion of the Rosendale Plains Cemetery is reserved for burial that
does not use a vault (partial, inverted, or otherwise), a vault lid, concrete box, slab or
- Decedents are not to have been embalmed, or embalmed only with Funeral Home approved
- Burial containers are to be limited to those made from materials that are
nontoxic/nonhazardous and natural/plant derived, with shrouds permissible (i.e. untreated
softwoods, wool, fiber, cloth, cardboard, seagrass, bamboo, wicker, hemp, paper mache)
- Shrouded bodies shall be handled only by Funeral Director and/or funeral personnel and not
cemetery personnel. Shrouded bodies must be entirely wrapped head to toe and be
supported on a solid board for lowering. A minimum1x8-inch board (the same length as the
body) is usually suitable. - Plywood and particle support boards are not acceptable.
- No pesticides allowed.
- Living existing trees will be left in place. Any open area will be mowed in schedule with the
rest of the cemetery.
- All graves will be mounded and mulched and allowed to return to their natural state.
- Grave markers are required. Engraved flat natural fieldstone or quarried stone, no more
than 400 inches square and 3 inches thick may be used as a marker. The stone must be
flush to the ground. Stones may not be machine cut or polished.
- Graves will also be marked on a survey map.
- All graves will be opened (machine dug or by hand) by and/or under the supervision of the
Cemetery Superintendent. Family members cannot dig graves.
- Only one full body allowed per gravesite. Cremation burial may be included.
- No tree plantings of any kind allowed. No artificial flowers or other decorations may be
placed on graves. Native natural wreaths and flowers are fine. No vases. Wreaths must be
removed by May 15th.
- There shall be a 50’ perimeter buffer zone.
- There will be a designated scatter garden.
- The size of each standard gravesite will be 4’x10’. The size of each cremains gravesite will
Rosendale Plains Cemetery