Rosendale Plains Cemetery
Cemetery Rules and Regulations
- NO DUMPING ANYWHERE ON CEMETERY PROPERTY!! (VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED)
- NO TRESPASSING. ENTRY FOR CEMETERY BUSINESS ONLY
- ARTIFICIAL FLOWERS HAVE TO BE MAINTAINED OR WILL BE REMOVED AT PLOT
- GLASS CONTAINERS ARE NOT ALLOWED
- NO TREES OR BUSHES OVER 3' HIGH. TREES OR BUSHES CANNOT EXTEND ONTO ADJACENT
PLOTS. CEMETERY SUPERINTENDENT WILL REMOVE ANY TREES OR BUSHES IN VIOLATION OF
- NO WALKING OF PETS
- NO BICYCLES / SKATE BOARDS / MINI-BIKES / ATV's / SNOWMOBILES
- NO DISTURBANCE OF THE QUIET AND GOOD ORDER OF THE CEMETERY PROPERTY
- NO ACCESS TO RAIL TRAIL / NO PARKING OTHER THAN FOR CEMETERY BUSINESS
- PET CREMATION REMAINS ALLOWED IN OWNERS PLOT(NOT NATURAL BURIAL SECTION) WITH
REQUIRED AUTHORIZATION LETTER FROM CEMETERY BOARD OF TRUSTEES.
NATURAL BURIAL SECTION RULES(15)
The natural designated portion of the Rosendale Plains Cemetery is reserved for burial that do not use a vault(partial, inverted, or otherwise), a vault lid, concrete box, slab, or partitioned liner.
1. Decedents are not to have been embalmed, or embalmed only with Funeral Home approved nontoxic chemicals.
2. Burial containers are to be limited to those made from materials that are nontoxic/nonhazardous and natural/plant derived, with shrouds permissible (i.e. untreated softwoods, wool, fiber, cloth, cardboard, seagrass, bamboo, wicker, hemp, paper mache)
Shrouded bodies shall be handled only by Funeral Director and/or funeral personnel and not cemetery personnel. Shrouded bodies must be entirely wrapped head to toe and be supported on a solid board for lowering. A minimum1x8-inch board (the same length as the body) is usually suitable. Plywood and particle support boards are not acceptable.
3. No pesticides allowed.
4. Living existing trees will be left in place. Any open area will be mowed in schedule with the rest of the cemetery.
5. All graves will be mounded and mulched and allowed to return to their natural state.
6. Grave markers are required. Engraved flat natural fieldstone or quarried stone, 12" X 24", 4 inches thick may be used as a marker. 7. The stone must be flush to the ground. Stones may not be machine cut or polished. One company that sells these markers is Holmes Memorials LLC located at 3185 Route 9W in Saugerties, N.Y. 12477. Their phone number is 845-246-8480.The price for the basic marker with name and dates is $250.00.
8. Graves will also be marked on the official cemetery mapping grid.
9. All graves will be opened (machine dug or by hand) by and/or under the supervision of the Cemetery Superintendent. Family members cannot dig graves.
10.Only one full body allowed per gravesite. Cremation burial may be included.
11. No tree plantings of any kind allowed. No artificial flowers or other decorations may be placed on graves. Native wreaths and flowers are fine. No vases. Wreaths must be removed by May 15th. A list of NATIVE N.Y flowers can be viewed at the following link:
12. There shall be a 50' perimeter buffer zone
13. There will be a designated scatter garden
14. The size of each standard gravesite will be 5'x10'. The size of each cremains gravesite will be 5'x5'.
15. No pet cremation remains allowed since we do not allow containers in Natural Burial Section.